Skip to Content
Law Office of Ayala & Acosta Law Office of Ayala & Acosta
Foreign Investors And Work Visas

Foreign Investor and Work Visa Attorney in McAllen

Serving Clients Throughout Starr County, Hidalgo County, and Cameron County

If you are interested in investing or doing business in the United States, you will need to obtain a visa that allows you to work here. At the Ayala & Acosta Law Firm, we can help you successfully navigate and manage this complex process. 

Do you have questions about visas? Our team of experienced McAllen attorneys can help. Contact us online or call (956) 923-3938 today.

E-2 Visa for Treaty Investors

The E-2 Visa is a visa classification available to foreign nationals of certain countries who wish to enter the U.S. to develop and direct a U.S. based business. An E-2 visa may be issued for a maximum initial stay of two years, and may be extended in increments of up to two years each. There is no limit to the number of extensions an E-2 nonimmigrant may be granted. However, all E-2 nonimmigrants must maintain an intention to depart the United States when their status expires or is terminated.

What is the required investment?

An E-2 visa does not have a set minimum investment amount and the business can be large or small. However, the investment must be substantial and sufficient to ensure the business’s success. In most cases, the investment should be at approximately $100,000. However, an E-2 applicant may be successful with a lower investment amount. The amount of capital required will be determined by the nature and scope of the business. 

In order to qualify for the E-2 Visa, applicants must meet specific requirements:

  • Be a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation
  • Invest, or be in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital in a real and active business in the United States.
  • The treaty investor must be able to show the source of the funds and that they have not been obtained from criminal activity.
  • Be seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise. This is established by owning at least 50% ownership of the business or having operational control through a managerial position or other corporate device.
  • The investment enterprise may not be marginal, meaning it must have the present or future capacity to generate more than enough income to provide a minimal living for the investor and his or her family.

E-1 Visa for Treaty Traders

The E-1 Visa is available to foreign nationals of certain countries who undertake a significant amount of international trade with the United States. Items of trade can include:

  • Goods
  • Services
  • International Banking
  • Insurance
  • Transportation
  • Tourism

Client Testimonials

    "In my experience, and my families, Mr. Acosta is a very respectable and professional. He got me out of ICE and I believe in him."
    - Varinia L.
    "She cares about her clients! Was always kept up to date with everything on my case. Questions were always answered and made me feel at ease!"
    - JP C.
    "My brother was in custody by ICE in McAllen, TX. We then hired this law firm and are extremely grateful for their work, especially Mr. Alvarado who was always so polite and kept me and my family informed of every step."
    - Yoselin F.

Contact Law Office of Ayala & Acosta Today!

We’re Ready to Help

A member of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your contact details or address questions you may have.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy