McAllen Fiancé Visa Attorney
Assisting Clients with K-Visa Applications in Hidalgo County
If you are a U.S. citizen, you can sponsor your fiancé to legally enter the country and begin the steps toward obtaining a green card. The process can be overwhelming and time-consuming, but our Mcallen fiancé visa attorney can help you navigate it to completion.
Our team at the Law Office of Ayala & Acosta has more than 20 years of combined legal experience and is ready to assist you and your loved one. We are also bilingual, so you can communicate with us in Spanish.
Contact us at (956) 923-3938 or complete our online contact form to get started with a McAllen Fiance visa lawyer near you.
The Fiancé Visa Process
There are two primary types of fiancé visas:
K-1 Visa (Fiancé Visa):
- Allows a foreign fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen to enter the U.S. for the purpose of getting married.
- The U.S. citizen petitioner must file a petition on behalf of the foreign fiancé(e).
- After approval, the fiancé(e) can enter the U.S., and the couple must marry within 90 days.
- After marriage, the foreign spouse can apply for adjustment of status to become a permanent resident.
K-2 Visa (Minor Child of Fiancé(e)):
- Allows minor children (under 21) of the foreign fiancé(e) to enter the U.S. and join their parent.
- The U.S. citizen petitioner must include the names of the minor children in the original K-1 visa petition.
- The children can accompany or follow the fiancé(e) to the U.S. but must enter within one year from the fiancé(e)'s admission.
These visas aim to unite couples and their children by allowing them to enter the U.S. and eventually pursue permanent residency. It's essential to meet all requirements and follow the necessary procedures for a successful application process.
K-1 Fiancé Visa
The K1 visa application is a multi-step process that can take several months to complete. It involves several forms and documents that must be prepared correctly and submitted to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in the country where the applicant resides.
The applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must be a United States citizen.
- You and your fiancé must have met in person within the past 2 years.
- Your fiancé must be a foreign citizen.
- You and your fiancé must be willing to get married within 90 days of your fiancé's arrival in the U.S.
- You and your fiancé must have a permanent residence in the U.S.
- You and your fiancé must have a basic understanding of the responsibilities of marriage and family life in the U.S.
Once the application is accepted, your fiancé will receive an A-record in their passport that allows them to travel to the U.S. to marry you and apply for a green card. If your fiancé lives in the U.S., you will need to apply for a K-2 visa.
The K-2 visa is for the children of U.S. citizens. It allows them to enter the country and begin the process of applying for a green card.
Contact Our McAllen K-Visa Lawyer
Embarking on this journey of love is an exciting step, and having the right legal support is crucial. If you're ready to bring your fiancé(e) to the U.S. and create a life together, trust the Law Office of Ayala & Acosta. Our dedicated team of McAllen fiancé visa lawyers is committed to making your love story a reality through expert guidance in the U.S. Fiancé Visa process. Contact us for a consultation and take the first step toward uniting with your beloved. Your love, our expertise.
If you are unsure about whether your relationship is eligible for a fiancé visa, contact our McAllen fiancé visa lawyer at (956) 923-3938 for a consultation.
- Varinia L.
- JP C.
- Yoselin F.